If you follow us on Instagram or Twitter you’ve probably noticed we’ve gone paleo. With more and more of our customers changing their eating habits to follow the paleo diet, we thought we’d give it a try. Firstly to see if the hype was actually worth it, but secondly to discover for ourselves the kind of products we stock – or need to stock – to make life easier and more convenient for our customers.
So the hubby and I have now been paleo for 6 weeks, with an odd day off (Easter Sunday). We’re both really enjoying it and finding it easier than expected. I think this is because if you cook from scratch already then you’re half way there. For me it was the sweet threats that worried me, but there are so many recipes to use online to give really good tasting but clean treats.
For anyone wanting to increase energy levels, change their diet to assist exercise goals (I started CrossFit two weeks before starting) or are wanting to stop sugar highs and lows, then it is definitely worth a go.
We love to see how our customers are using our products so please continue to post pictures on Instagram to give others – and ourselves – new ideas!
5 of the top products from Millies to assist in paleo eating:
- Coconut Oil – such a versatile product with so many health benefits.
- Almond Butter – we now bring home the 1KG tubs!
- Nakd Bars – we have around 20 flavours.
- Nuts & Seeds – ideal for snacking on, adding to salads or making granola with. Dry roasting them in the oven is also a favourite of ours.
- Fresh Vegetables – our vegetables are supplied by the Organic Pantry and also from Vicky at Whitley’s Farm, Pudsey.